Duties of a Roofer Position
The following description of the required functions of the roofer position is intended to be representative but is by no means an exhaustive listing of such functions. As part of the application process, you may be asked to describe or demonstrate how you will be able to perform these functions. If you wish, we will discuss with you what sort of reasonable accommodations may be appropriate to assist you in performing the various functions of this position. The required functions are as follows:
- The ability to carry and set up a 40-foot aluminum extension ladder unassisted and climb and descend all types of ladders unassisted.
- The ability to work at heights in excess of 10 feet; the ability to navigate on flat and sloped roofs.
- The ability to lift and carry roofing materials, such as rolls of roofing felt weighing approximately 100 pounds each, repeatedly during the work day; and
- The ability to cut, hammer, fasten, mop and otherwise work with roofing materials using hand and mechanical tools.
- The ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Comprehend and master safe work practices per Kirberg Company employee Safety and health manual.
- Work in dusty and dirty environments.
- Work from all positions; erect, bent over, and on hands and knees.
- If required operate company vehicle safely and maintain proper Motor Vehicle license classification.
- Be at the job site by own means and ready to work at start of day as dictated by supervisor (time may vary).
- Be drug free and submit